The Coordinator of Synch Clearance will be responsible for successfully handling synchronization licenses originating out of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland, including Television (shows), Independent Films, Video Games/Apps, Internet, DVD, non-profit and other requests as designated. The position will be responsible for finalizing synch licenses within their assigned media and client base, and will play an important role in handling a high volume of requests for Kobalt and its clients. The role is Stockholm based and will report into the Creative Synchronization Manager, Scandinavia.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Mac DeMarco, Ozuna, SHY Martin, NEIKED, Lauv, LÉON, Sarah Klang, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Björk, Father John Misty, Jenny Wilson, Miles Davis, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Elvis Presley and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 650 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, SYNCH CLEARANCE DO?
- Process high volumes of music clearances and client requests in a timely manner
- Log, maintain and manage synch licensing deals
- Develop a strong level of knowledge for Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database
- Effectively communicate with Kobalt clients to obtain approval for synchronization licensing requests
- Assist the Scandinavian Creative Synch Manager in tracking ongoing synch projects, log process of projects, following up and making sure things get executed in a timely manner
- Prepare and distribute mailouts with new releases, catalogue highlights, etc.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and good at prioritizing personal work flow
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization as well as with external parties
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal in Swedish and English language
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- A track-record of being a proactive self-starter, reliable and willing to take responsibility
- Experience in music clearance and licensing is a merit