As part of Kobalt’s significant expansion of AWAL - our recorded music division - the Senior Manager, Integrations will be responsible for managing the day to day processes of the Integrations Operation team to deliver a best in class client experience, ensuring smooth onboarding of the client from contract closure to go live. Reporting to the Senior Director, Label Integrations, the successful candidate will put the client at the heart of the process and deliver outstanding support levels, through a strong knowledge of project implementations and by maintaining excellent relationships with external partners.
You may be working for a label or distributor with experience in digital ops, supply chain and release management processes as well as deep expertise of physical media and digital music metadata, audio, artwork & video asset management and content management systems, as well as a passion for pushing things forward in this space.
Most important is that you have great interpersonal skills and can cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen as well as have a passion for music and Kobalt!
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices globally and still growing! If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR MANAGER, LABEL INTEGRATIONS DO?
- Work closely with Senior Director, Label Integrations to onboard all catalogue and label clients.
- The day-to-day management of Integrations team, motivating staff through projects and prioritising workloads.
- Manage the support the Integrations team gives to clients throughout the onboarding journey, ensuring any advice given sets expectations, is timely, accurate and consistent.
- Work with external clients previous Distribution partners to coordinate the transfer of physical and digital manifests, metadata and digital assets.
- Manage the pre and post signed deal physical and digital data reviews, quality-checks and research.
- Establish & build upon excellent relationships with external distributors and across multiple internal business areas.
- Manage logistical processes including Change of Distribution notices for moves of physical catalogues with third party physical distribution partners.
- Cleanse incoming audio, artwork, metadata & video, for digital service compatibility to the highest industry standards.
- Maintain multiple systems and reports to ensure accurate reporting to the business of integrations, including Go Live dates, slippage, revenue recognition, non-starters etc and be able to provide a schedule of product go live dates with accurate timescales.
- Take ownership of client issues / complaints and work with team to resolve them in a timely manner, taking ownership for case resolution and closure, whilst liaising with the appropriate internal departments.
- Manage the project based KPI reporting of the team reporting statuses to Senior Director, Label Integrations.
- Post Go Live delivery checks and continued metadata and asset enhancement.
- Administer and manage termination processes (Offboarding).
- Own departmental documentation.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in managing people in supply chain, operations or new release management or other relevant business areas in the music industry is essential.
- Catalogue integrations experience essential with a demonstrable record of managing large catalogue and complex onboarding projects.
- Developed client management skills, able to confidently deal with clients at direct level.
- Advanced knowledge of music metadata in a digital distribution context, particularly the iTunes and Spotify style guides.
- Previous experience of physical production, stock management and stock moves essential.
- Advanced knowledge of the music distribution landscape with good contacts at distribution organisations.
- Familiarity with Apple XML and DDEX ERN standards.
- Expertise with content management systems (iTunes Connect & Spotify preferred).
- Meticulous attention to detail and advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Numerate and IT literate.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.