Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhitz, the startup built a platform to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators.
With over 650 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 20,000 artists and songwriters, 600,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
Working within a delivery team that form part of one of our key business units, you’ll be responsible for championing quality and addressing the challenges of testing in creative and technical ways. You will also support – and be supported by – a wider QA department. This is a pivotal role within both the delivery team and the wider QA team, that will help deliver high quality software..
You’ll be working in a challenging, fast-paced environment where you’ll be responsible for creating solutions under agile principles.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO US
- Apply proven experience of automation solutions that can be maintained, supported and extended by the team
- Demonstrable experience of creating extendable solutions that are used beyond their original needs.
- Apply proven experience of working within frameworks (eg Cucumber, Fitnesse, etc)
- Strong exposure to working in – and being a key contributor to – an Agile development environment
- Hands-on knowledge of version control systems
- Hands-on working with a continuous integration servers (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc).
- Experience in TDD/BDD
- Have good knowledge of compatibility testing and advanced web browser features
- Proven experience of working with high volumes and large quantities of data
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover
- A dedicated learning and development team for Tech, Udemy, BookBoon and more
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga and (almost) daily meditation classes
- A great office with everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including free healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.