The Senior IT Support Engineer will have a thirst for knowledge, with the ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies. They will be part of the KTech IT team, involved in all aspects of IT from end user support to assisting with infrastructure support. This will range from supporting and guiding our user base to configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting end user devices to the back end systems that support the Kobalt Group. KTech is an internal function that provides licenced Technology, Products and Services to Kobalt Group clients. KTech’s current clients are; Kobalt Music Publishing, AWAL, Kobalt Neighbouring Rights, Kobalt Music Recordings, and AMRA.
The Senior IT Support Engineer will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple teams and members of staff including the senior management. A high level of customer support will be expected at all times, while also continually suggesting and implementing system improvements. You will be working as part of a Global Support team of 11 supporting over 700 staff across 12 locations. The London support team provide on site support for the London 450+ user base as well as providing remote support globally. You will assist with rest of world projects as needed.
The environment is a mixture of Windows and Mac technologies, along with a broad range of third party applications.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR IT SUPPORT ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Call logging & handling of support tickets - escalation, prioritisation, etc.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software issues
- Set up and maintain all end user devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and scanners)
- Develop, document and maintain all desktop and laptop images
- Software installation and upgrades
- Administration of Active Directory and GSuite
- Network patching and troubleshooting
- Documentation of IT processes and procedures
- Provide remote support for global offices
- Maintain asset management systems
- Manages, maintains and provides support for our Audio Visual solutions
- Mentor & 1st point of escalation for junior members of the team
- Works closely with the Infrastructure team on support issues and projects
- Liaise with 3rd parties for support & assistance
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a 2nd line support role
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and good knowledge of Mac OS
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with software and image deployment, preferably using MDT
- Virtualisation experience (Hyper-V)
- Good working knowledge of an MDM solution (preferably Workspace One)
- Familiar with iOS & Android devices
- Good knowledge of GSuite & Microsoft Office 2016
- Command line/scripting knowledge (especially Powershell) and a desire for automation
- Good understanding of networking infrastructure and protocols
- Previous experience using a support ticketing system
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with users across all levels of ability and seniority by phone, email and/or face to face
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Ability to recognize users’ key requirements and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Approachable, customer service minded
- Ability to think outside the box, using initiative to solve problems
- Worked within an ITIL environment
- Experience with Okta, JAMF Casper, Zoom is ideal
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover
- A dedicated learning and development team for Tech, Udemy, BookBoon and more
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga, and (almost) daily meditation classes
- A great office with everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.