The IT Support Engineer will be involved in all aspects of IT from user and infrastructure support to configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting internet, telephony hardware and software issues for Kobalt Group via KTech. KTech is an internal function that provides licenced Technology, Products and Services to Kobalt Group clients. KTech’s current clients are; Kobalt Music Publishing, AWAL, Kobalt Neighbouring Rights, Kobalt Music Recordings, and AMRA.
The IT Support Engineer will work with multiple teams and members of staff including the senior management. A high level of customer support will be expected at all times, while also continually suggesting and implementing system improvements. You will be working as part of a Global Support team of 11 supporting over 500 staff across 10 locations. The London support team provide on site support for the London 350+ user base as well as providing remote support globally. You will assist with rest of world projects as needed.
The environment is a mixture of Windows and Mac technologies, along with a broad range of third party applications.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN IT SUPPORT ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Call logging & handling of support tickets - escalation, prioritisation, etc.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software/hardware issues
- Set up and maintain all end user devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and scanners)
- Software installation and upgrades
- Administration of Active Directory and Office 365
- Network patching and troubleshooting
- Documentation of IT processes and procedures
- Provide remote support for global offices
- Maintain asset management systems
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a 1st/2nd line support role
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Mac OS
- General administration of Active Directory
- Familiar with iOS & Android devices
- Good knowledge of Office 2016
- Previous experience using a support ticketing system
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with users across all levels of ability and seniority by phone, email and/or face to face
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Ability to recognize users’ key requirements and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Approachable customer service minded
- Ability to think outside the box, using initiative to solve problems
- Experience with Zoom, Okta, JAMF Casper is ideal
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.