We’re thrilled to announce a unique opportunity to be part of the leading technology-powered music services company!
Based in Luxembourg and reporting to the Risk & Operations Manager, the Accountant will be responsible for the accounting duties, reconciling with our internal systems for all Kobalt Capital advances, acquisitions and client balance payments. Kobalt Capital Luxembourg is a part of Kobalt Music Group, that manages our investment fund on behalf of institutional and private investors.
The role would be ideal for a recent grad & qualified accountant with some experience of dealing with international reporting format standards and consolidation through multiple subsidiaries and has a high level of written and spoken English.
This is an autonomous and varied role as you look after the fund, from top to bottom and get involved in many different jurisdictions and areas.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES AN ACCOUNTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Bank reconciliations & client statement reconciliations
- Bookkeeping of UK, US and Swedish entities
- Quarterly preparation of accounts for non-Lux entities (UK, US and Swedish) under Lux GAAP and/or IFRS
- Preparation of quarterly consolidated accounts for bank reporting, and covenant reporting
- Variance analysis of forecast to actual revenue figures
- Preparation of year end audit files for non-Lux entities (UK, US and Swedish) as well as consolidated accounts and financial statements
- Provide information to the Funds’ tax advisors to assist with the preparation of annual tax returns
- Assist with quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with the service provider for preparation of accounts for Lux entities
- Deal with ad-hoc queries
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS and consolidation
- Proficient in Excel with working knowledge of Vlookups and Pivot tables
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Organized team player with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to work
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Oracle Netsuite is desirable
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog: