Kobalt is looking to hire a highly organised, self-driven and detail-oriented Creative Coordinator to support the team in the Hong Kong office. Your main role will be responsible for creative pitching and clearance of rights for our catalogues in Asia. The successful candidate will be a target driven, proactive team member to further develop client relations across Asia. You are also an excellent organizer and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams, with Kobalt clients and external contacts.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
Working at Kobalt, you will help to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Assisting in working the catalogue of songs and pitch songs to producers and labels
- Setting up writing-sessions and assisting setting up writing-camps
- Assisting in setting up / co-ordinating meeting schedules
- Communicating with clients and the copyright team to keep track of new songs being written and administered accordingly
- Helping to maintain all the tools used for doing all the above
- Maintaining existing relationships with clients and business partners in Asia
- Helping to scout and identify possible new clients
- Helping the sync team in the field of marketing and administration
- Support on license preparation
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE
- Excellent communication skills with experience of building and maintaining client relationships
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization as well as with external parties
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Strong interest in music & openness towards various musical genres as well as being up to date on musical trends and able to find and present new talent that fits to Kobalt
- Proactive self-starter with a good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments
- Music industry experience, preferably through internships at a music company or practical oriented music business studies