Kobalt Music Publishing is looking to hire an organized, self-driven and detail-oriented assistant to support the creative team in Stockholm. This is a temporary substitute (SW: vikarie) position starting April 2019.
To be successful in the role, you are an excellent organizer and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams, Kobalt clients and external contacts. You are also a music lover and interested in finding new talent.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Mac DeMarco, Ozuna, SHY Martin, NEIKED, Lauv, LÉON, Sarah Klang, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Björk, Father John Misty, Jenny Wilson, Miles Davis, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Elvis Presley and many more.
Working at Kobalt, you will help to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES A PUBLISHING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide general support for the senior publishing staff
- Participating in client meetings and taking notes
- Assisting the publishing team in collecting data for internal and external use
- Assisting in setting up & co-ordinating meeting schedules
- Assisting in setting up and following up on writing sessions
- Helping to scout and identify possible new clients
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal in Swedish and English
- Ability to build relationships throughout the organization as well as with external parties
- Being up to date with musical trends with a keen interest in finding new potential talent
- Self-starter mind set with strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and good at prioritizing personal work-flow in a fast-paced work environment
- Reasonably tech-savvy and used to learning new computer software
You would ideally have some music industry experience, preferably through internships at a music company or through music business studies but most important is that you are friendly, enthusiastic with a results-oriented personality as well as a strong interest in music and songs and openness towards various musical genres.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at Upplandsgatan 16,113 60, Stockholm
- This is a temporary substitute (SW: vikarie) position starting April 2019