As the Head of International Marketing, you will be responsible for managing AWAL's international marketing teams who create and deliver successful, innovative & global marketing campaigns for our growing roster of Artist and Label clients. You will work directly with all our clients and with senior leaders in the AWAL team as well as develop and expand our international business.
This is an exciting time to be joining AWAL, Kobalt’s Recordings division, and to be successful in the role, you need expert knowledge of the current international music markets with an international network of contacts as well as a track-record of building long-lasting relationships with international partners. It’s also essential that you have experience in and a passion for building and managing teams as well as the drive and ambition to help grow the AWAL business globally.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices globally and still growing! If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A HEAD OF INTERNATIONAL MARKETING AT KOBALT DO?
- Manage the international marketing team based in London, as well as the local marketing teams in Berlin, Stockholm, Sydney, Miami and Paris
- Develop our international business including opening up new and growth territories
- Oversee the creation and implementation of global marketing plans and strategies for our artist and label clients
- Work directly with key clients and their teams to agree strategies and objectives and to review performance
- Responsibility for approving international marketing budgets in consultation with clients
- Manage relationships with our international distribution, licensee and promotion partners around the world
- Travel regularly to international territories to build and strengthen relationships and oversee campaigns, and to represent AWAL at relevant international events
- Work closely with the other senior managers across the AWAL business as part of the leadership team
- Contribute to the process of bringing in new clients to AWAL
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have extensive music industry experience, specifically at a record label in international music markets having managed large multi-territory marketing and promotional campaigns as well as have comprehensive knowledge of both the physical and digital retail/streaming landscape
- You would have built and managed successful & effective international marketing teams
- It’s key that you have an existing global network of contacts across DSPs, media, PR & Promotion companies and other commercial partners as well as experience of negotiating and building international partnerships
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- A commitment to excellence and to providing client-focused service
- Ability to work pro-actively and entrepreneurially, adapt to changing priorities and market conditions, and deliver high quality results while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to travel internationally frequently
You may be working for an independent or major label, but most importantly - you are a strategic thinker, problem solve and experienced team leader as well as an exceptional, creative marketer with experience leading and executing high profile artist marketing campaigns.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.