Reporting to the SVP of Operations at AWAL, you will take responsibility for AWAL’s global royalty accounting & client administration services. You will lead 2 teams overseeing workflow and processes;
- The royalty team handles mechanical licensing and accounting, compilation licensing
as well as ensuring timely receipt, ingestion, reconciliation and processing of global royalty statements (Digital, Physical, D2C, Synch, Performance and Broadcast, Licensing) into our internal royalty system.
- The client administration team enters and maintains client contact, agreement and payment information, manages the generation of monthly and quarterly royalty accounting as well as providing bespoke, intelligent data analysis and responding to client queries regarding their statements.
The success of this role is defined by the efficient processing of revenue and the timely delivery of accurate statements across AWAL’s global client base. It’s therefore essential the person undertaking this role has deep experience in managing a royalty function at a record label.
WHAT DOES A VP, ROYALTIES & CLIENT ADMIN AT AWAL DO?
- Oversee monthly and quarterly statement cycles for client royalties, mechanical royalties and overrides
- Serve as a royalties and administration adviser for the BA, Finance, Tech and Creative teams
- Lead all aspects of external audits where required (planning, overseeing fieldwork and analysing reporting)
- Work alongside AWAL senior management and product/tech teams on product development projects relating to the royalties and client admin business areas
- Step in as a point of contact for complex royalty accounting queries from high-profile artists
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience managing a record company royalties function;
…with a track record of improving the quality and the accuracy of royalty operations through people, process or systems change
…acting as the main point of escalation for all internal and external issues that impact royalty operations
…participating in senior management meetings presenting reports on performance metrics and offering commercial and market context to strategic decision making
...with strong working knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Strong people manager with experience managing royalty operations team including resource planning, recruitment and personal development of team
- Excellent analysis skills – using royalty tracking and other data sources to inform decision making
- Strong understanding of technical systems used to process royalties and a proficiency in SQL is highly desirable
- Organized self-starter with the capacity to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills at all levels
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality/discretion
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Minimum 14 month contract with a start date ideally early March 2019
- Hours are flexible - part-time applications will be considered
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.