Kobalt Music is looking to hire an experienced Senior Product Manager to build a cross-functional Catalog Onboarding platform for ingesting publisher and recording catalogs. This product will be a key platform for our Publishing, Recording and Collection Society units. Together with senior technologists and business leaders, we are on a mission to change the way that musicians and artists are represented in the music industry. Fast, efficient and low cost onboarding is a fundamental component of this mission.
At Kobalt, this Senior Product Manager will be a hands-on, data-driven expert who brings extensive analytical and product planning knowledge and experience to co-ordinate and drive the most complex and difficult software engineering problems.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be working closely with software engineers, data engineers, data scientists, other product managers and business leaders to devise the core platform that will be used by both our Copyright analysts and potential clients to effectively onboard large catalogs of publisher and record label data in the fastest, most efficient and accurate way possible. This is fundamental to enable our business to expand over the coming phase of growth.
Working closely with the operational teams delivering Catalog Onboarding and our VP Onboarding Operations, you will provide product vision and business leadership to oversee the delivery of the tools to support our Catalog Onboarding pipeline into production. To do this effectively, you’ll need to bring your product management experience into the team, promoting an analytical approach to prioritising product features to deliver the most urgent value.
We’re looking for an inspiring product leader with the gravitas to engage senior stakeholders, who is passionate about empowering people and supporting teams.
This is a unique opportunity to be hands on with both the teams and the technology whilst helping to shape the core structure of a rapidly scaling organisation and have real impact on the future of the music industry.
- Your mission is to drive the cost and timescales associated with onboarding new clients into Kobalt’s systems as low as possible
- You will work collaboratively with the business and engineering to establish a clear product strategy and incremental approach to achieving this business goals
- You will work with multiple Business Units and Engineering teams to prioritise the development backlog and roadmap for the set of tools used by analysts, engineers and clients to ingest, transfer, merge and enrich large volumes of catalog data (works, recordings etc)
- You will be responsible for the automation technology used for matching and deduplication of catalog data
- You will be responsible for the tools and UIs used by analysts and clients for streamlining of manual review and decision making
- You will create and own development plan with well-defined milestones
- You will act as the single point person to coordinate the release schedule and communicate progress to all teams (CTO, business units, etc.)
- You will be responsible for defining performance, scalability and you will define the success criteria and metrics that will be used to evaluate the success of the Catalog Onboarding
- You will coordinate the resolution of technical issues and drive occasional code amber/red, when necessary
- You will create understanding for the engineering teams around strategy and overall vision for onboarding
- You will collaborate with the senior leadership team within tech and product to articulate and deliver a technical roadmap that meets current needs but supports us to scale & grow for the future
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience as a (Senior) Product Manager or Technical Business Analyst
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Technology knowledge, specifically in service-oriented architecture and developing and operating highly scalable data centric services
- Proven successful track record with UXR and UI development for content management tools
- Experience of implementing best practices and experimentation when necessary
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.