Joining a growing Neighbouring Rights team in London, reporting to the Director of Administration, the Discographies & Claims Assistant will support the Repertoire team in the research and creation of detailed, accurate discographies for new clients, making sure there’s completeness and accuracy of ‘historically’ entered artist discographies as well as working closely with the other admin teams to maintain repertoire claims at the societies as well as ensuring there is adequate repertoire data available in our systems to ensure quick distribution of received monies.
This requires a highly organised and analytical person with a proactive mindset and a willingness to expand an understanding of the overall music business.
Our Neighbouring Rights team prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximize revenues to artists such as Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Sam Smith, Passenger, Icona Pop, John Newman, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Red Hot Chili Peppers to mention a few.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES A DISCOGRAPHIES & CLAIMS ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Data entry of research findings following predefined guidelines
- Accurate filing of release evidence
- Data manipulating, and population of client or data provider supplied information
- Provide timely updates of client repertoire progress
- Submit repertoire claims on the society databases
- Maintain a thorough understanding of society issues, qualification criteria and distribution policies as well as current industry news
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good Excel skills – at least intermediary level
- Numerate – be comfortable with numbers and apply great accuracy
- Analytical skills; be able to make sense of data and tasks
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Proactive willingness to learn
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.