We are hiring a Coordinate to join our Synch Licensing Administration team in Los Angeles. The Coordinator will be responsible for the logging, preparing and drafting of synchronization licenses originating out of North America and Latin America, as designated by the Director, Synch Licensing Administration. The position will play an important role in handling a high volume of requests for Kobalt, AWAL and their clients. The role will report to the Director, Synch Licensing Administration.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COORDINATOR, SYNCH LICENSING ADMINISTRATION AT KOBALT DO?
- Effectively communicate with Kobalt clearance team to obtain necessary backup for synchronization licensing requests
- Process high volumes of license requests in a timely manner
- Research synch rights and licensing history for Kobalt’s artists, compositions and recordings as necessary and/or requested
- Draft and issue synch licenses and invoices as designated by the Director, Synch Licensing Administration.
- Log, maintain and manage synch licensing deals in Kobalt’s internal database as needed
- Develop a strong level of knowledge for Kobalt’s internal rights management system and database
- Troubleshoot split discrepancies and work with negotiators and client admin team to overcome issues.
- Attend key internal meetings as deemed necessary by your supervisor(s)
- Monitor and act on changing trends, terms and strategies used by production companies to clear and license music
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in music clearance and licensing, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company
- Must have a passion for music and be a team player!
- Highly organized, detail oriented and have a strong ability to multi-task
- Must possess excellent organization, written and oral communication skills and strong customer relations skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), and familiarity with G-Suite/G-Mail
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.