AWAL is looking for a flexible, confident and highly organised Senior International Marketing Manager, based out of our London office. Reporting to the General Manager, the role will involve working directly with our artists, managers and label clients and alongside our network of International marketing teams, distribution partners and licensees to plan.
This is an exciting time to be joining AWAL, Kobalt’s Recordings division, and to be successful in the role, we need a confident, skilled international marketer who can build and deliver successful and innovative international campaigns, driving projects through the company worldwide.
Adding to your international network of contacts, you will also be build long lasting relationships with our international partners.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Lauv, Tom Misch, Rex Orange County, The Wombats, Bruno Major, Neneh Cherry as well as leading independent labels such as Glassnote and Downtown.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES SENIOR INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Work closely with your roster of AWAL Recordings artists to construct & Implement Global Marketing Plans & Strategies
- Manage territorial budgets & set sales/streaming targets with international partners
- Work closely with and drive our global marketing teams and partners to deliver top-grade results
- Bring innovation and creativity to campaigns
- Communicate release information and pitching materials to the Digital Accounts Team and set playlist targets and strategies
- Generate campaign reports and analyse streaming data to identify trends and opportunities
- Oversee the collection of initial stock orders, promotional items, and sales figures from our international network
- Work with team to schedule promo trips and phoner schedules
- Build and maintain good working relationships with AWAL’s International network of label managers, distribution partners, licensees, and promo companies
- Distribute assets & tools to the international teams
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the International Department of a record label or distributor
- A deep understanding of International markets, retail, digital & media outlets is essential
- Experience working closely with artists & managers
- You must be highly organised & able to prioritise and have an interest in data & analytics
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with international partners
When preparing your application, please include in your cover letter what recent music marketing initiatives or campaigns you’ve found interesting and why.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.