We are hiring a Label Manager to join AWAL in Los Angeles. The Label Manager will focus on North America based projects, and serve as a label manager for a roster of clients, delivering best practice advice, day to day communications and support with artist and label teams, heading to gigs and flagging projects to the wider AWAL team. The clients encompass a range of artists, labels, managers and producers with distribution and digital services deals through AWAL. The role works closely with the SVP in North America and the Label Management team across LA, London and New York, to represent clients globally and help shape tools that serve the AWAL community. It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team which supports a significant base of emerging and established artists and some of the hottest records being released.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through our AWAL services. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch, Bruno Major and Rex Orange County.
Kobalt is currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A LABEL MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Serve as main point of contact with artist and label clients that the creative team has brought in, or that have developed through the AWAL community
- Manage client on-boarding process and guide clients on best practices with release planning and scheduling, and submission of pitch materials and updates
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with client teams and serve with Kobalt’s core values including transparency and flexibility
- Liaise with the Digital Account Management team for representation and submission of priority projects to the digital music services for playlisting and placements
- Educate clients on using the various best-in-class industry tools we provide for them to run their business such as the AWAL App, Streaming Analytics and other tools in the AWAL Portal, the AWAL blog and client knowledge base
- Collaborate and work effectively with the global Label Management team, Recordings Client Admin and Operations, and other internal divisions including the AWAL Recordings Marketing team, Kobalt Marketing, AWAL Product, Synch and Finance
- Analyze engagement data with client base to pinpoint new opportunities to position content, and flag bubbling up projects and opportunities to the Creative/A&R teams
- Contribute to testing of tools and provide input to client communications such as the AWAL newsletter and blog.
- Represent AWAL and support clients by attending live shows and events.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2+ years’ experience in a client/label management role working with label clients with multiple repertoire
- Excellent understanding of digital supply chain
- An organized self-starter with the capacity to manage a varied and often intense workload, as every project being supported in the role is important
- Prior experience working with label owners and representatives and internal music industry pros is the day to day work - being professional, positive and progressive on email, phone communications and in person meeting settings is essential
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage complex situations and problem solving while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.