We are seeking an entry-level Assistant with strong interpersonal and organisational skills to help manage the day to day tasks of the Client Relations team in New York. Kobalt’s Client Relations team transitions new clients into the Kobalt system and manages existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point of contact for any related queries. The Client Assistant will support with administrative tasks relating to the management of Kobalt’s existing client base. This role that will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player with strong communications skills, who is comfortable communicating with senior colleagues and external clients. Knowledge and understanding of music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies is ideal.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, CLIENT RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide support to the Kobalt Client Relations team in day to day dealings with clients
- Ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements
- Process new client agreements and coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright department to input and register new compositions and catalogues
- Provide support and assistance to the full department with scheduled administrative tasks and needs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous music administration and/or music publishing experience is preferred
- Strong organization and prioritisation skills
- High level of numeracy
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills-both written and verbal
- Ability to make effective and timely decisions
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Experience working in a client facing role is preferred
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.