We are hiring a Staff Accountant in our New York office. The Staff Accountant will perform all daily and monthly accounting functions for assigned areas. Functions are inclusive of journal entries and reconciliations to support the financial close. This includes participating in monthly and year-end financial closings, annual audit preparation and other special projects as requested by Accounting & Reporting management.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES STAFF ACCOUNTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Participate in the month-end close process
- Prepare and review analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Provide monthly variance analysis of cost centers with commentary
- Assist with documentation and process improvement
- Participate in the Company’s quarterly reviews and external audits by completing account analysis
- Assist management with special ad hoc assignments, as requested
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Excel and the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong interpersonal skills – including ability to work with and challenge others
- Strong team player and proactive approach to work
- Strong organizational skills / prioritization
- Solid working knowledge of accrual-based accounting with full P&L and balance sheet experience
- Netsuite ERP or another automated accounting systems a plus
- A CPA or CPA candidate is preferred
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.