Kobalt is hiring a Learning & Development Manager in London. This is a dynamic position for an experienced, autonomous, creative, and systematic thinker who will report into the Director of Learning & Development with a dotted reporting line to the VP of People & Culture. This role will develop and coordinate global learning programs for all Kobalt employees. This role will also consult and partner on team and location-based learning needs and solutions for employees in our London, Stockholm, Berlin, Hong Kong and Sydney offices.
The Learning & Development team is part of Kobalt’s People & Culture department made up of Business Partners, Learning & Development and Internal Recruitment. The department is located across Kobalt’s London, New York, and Los Angeles offices.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Design, manage, and coordinate global learning programs
- Facilitate in-person and virtual learning workshops and sessions
- Consult with leaders and teams on learning needs and solutions
- Design a variety of learning resources including workshops, videos, handouts and internal web pages rooted in evidence-based, behavioral psychology
- Work with global P&C department on projects around onboarding, employee experience, talent development, and organization development
- Manage apprenticeship levy funds
- Measure ROI on learning programs and initiatives
- Manage vendor relationships
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Solid experience working in a Learning & Development, Organization Development or Employee Experience role or function
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills
- Ability to translate difficult concepts and processes into clear and simple learning
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a passion for learning and innovating
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced global environment with changing priorities and focus
- An engaging facilitator and presenter
- Proven project and stakeholder management
- Instructional design with emphasis on experiential, social, and transformational learning design
- Experience with learning portal technologies (we use Udemy for Business) preferred.
Most importantly you will need a flexible and proactive attitude. We’re still in high growth mode, and this role will be incredibly busy. We expect individuals to be able to manage multiple projects, as well as handle business as usual work.
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt match pension contributions when individuals contribute from 2.5% - 5% (giving a total contribution of 5% - 10%).
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.