The Head of Canadian Operations for AWAL is a multi-dimensional role with focus on digital marketing, commerce, sales, client relations and acquisition. You will represent AWAL artists regionally with digital accounts and physical accounts, plus interact with regional radio promotion and publicity teams. You will be the Canadian point of contact for label clients and artist managers. Also, this role will identify potential artist and label clients for the North American A&R team. The successful candidate will have broad knowledge and experience in the Canadian music business with extensive relationships. This position reports to the President of AWAL / North America.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES THE HEAD OF OPERATIONS, CANADA AT AWAL DO?
- Canadian contact for global label clients
- Develop and implement regional marketing, digital marketing and advertising campaigns
- Maintain regional relationships and implement promotion campaigns with Digital Accounts on behalf of the Digital Accounts team
- Work closely with Canadian radio promotion partners
- Relationship manager for regional publicists on behalf of AWAL clients
- Work with North American SVP of Physical Distribution and Sales on Canadian campaign strategy and execution
- Identify, evaluate and refer prospective Canadian artists to the North American A&R team
- Identify trending AWAL artists in the Canadian market for further support
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 10+ years’ experience in the music industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, physical and the digital account landscape
- Must have an existing and extensive relationship network throughout the Canadian music business
- Global outlook and understanding of international markets
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing marketing campaigns from strategy to implementation
- Prior experience handling and managing budgets
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.