We are hiring an Associate of Strategy & Business Analytics to join AWAL’s Strategy & Business Development team in LA. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to drive strategic analysis and provide insight for key business decisions by AWAL’s senior management team and other stakeholders. The Associate will focus on research and analysis for a variety of exciting business initiatives, value a combination of artist, label and strategic partnership deals, and provide general support for strategy and operational projects across AWAL.
Our ideal candidate will need to be comfortable with ambiguity and handling complexity in a fast-paced environment. He/she should be highly proficient with data analytics and possess the ability to analyze large, complex datasets with excellent modelling skills. He/she should also be strong at project management and proactively driving one’s own projects.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, Steve Lacy, The Wombats, Gus Dapperton, Little Simz and more.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN ASSOCIATE OF STRATEGY & BUSINESS ANALYTICS DO AT KOBALT?
- Deep quantitative and qualitative analysis to deliver insights
- Internal analyses to deliver insights on our businesses and support growth & improvement initiatives
- Ownership over core end-to-end data analysis (understand data, query, clean, structure, analyze, model, present)
- Run financial analysis of artists and label deals
- Assist with financial due diligence of partnership and M&A opportunities
- Support various BU strategy & operational projects
- Develop & deliver high-quality presentations for senior stakeholders on key opportunities, challenges, etc.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university, preferably with a quantitative background
- 2+ years of research and analysis experience, with affinity for problem-solving
- Strong ability to structure and conduct quantitative & qualitative analyses
- Strong business sense and ability to identify implications
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Excellent skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint; experience with SQL preferred
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects, data inputs and stakeholders within tight deadlines
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.