AWAL is looking for an experienced and motivated Label Manager to be based in our London headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for a roster of high profile relationships for label clients, driving creativity, strategy, operational efficiency, visibility and value.
At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. Your role managing some of the hottest label properties, in a cutting-edge team will be an exciting challenge.
It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the best emerging and established artists and labels. At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. Your role managing some of the hottest properties, in a cutting-edge team will be an exciting challenge.
Founded in 2004, AWAL is the trusted partner of independent artists and labels globally, from new artists at the beginning of their career to global successes. With local offices across the world, AWAL offers services such as distribution, YouTube monetization, playlist promotion, member support from industry experts, and real-time data analytics through the AWAL Portal and App. Our client roster includes both established and emerging artists such as Moby, Placebo, Chip, Gabrielle Aplin, Todd Terje, Tom Misch, R3hab and Vérité, and labels including Lex, B3SCI, Chrysalis Records, Marathon Artists, Kid Coconut, Independiente and mau5trap.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
MAIN JOB FOCUS
Reporting to the Senior Director of Label Management in the UK, your main focus will be to represent a core roster or AWAL’s key client partnerships to drive visibility, revenue and relationships whilst adding value and expertise to numerous partners and their campaigns. We expect our label managers to work in close collaboration with marketing, A&R and management to identify and develop priority artists and releases in order to upscale towards full label services, project management and other business lines.
WHAT DOES A LABEL MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
Reporting to the Senior Director of Label Management in the UK, your main focus will be to represent a core roster or AWAL’s key client partnerships to drive strategy, visibility, revenue and relationships. You’ll work closely with teams globally to achieve these goals and drive growth for AWAL and our clients.
- Serve as main point of contact with artist and label clients that the creative team has brought in, or that have developed through the AWAL community
- Manage client on-boarding process and guide clients on best practices with release planning and scheduling, and submission of pitch materials and updates
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with client teams and serve with Kobalt’s core values including transparency and flexibility
- Liaise with the Digital Account Management team for representation and submission of priority projects to the digital music services for playlisting and placements
- Educate clients on using the various best-in-class industry tools we provide for them to run their business such as the AWAL App, Streaming Analytics and other tools in the AWAL Portal, the AWAL blog and client knowledge base
- Collaborate and work effectively with the global Label Management team, Recordings Client Admin and Operations, and other internal divisions including the AWAL Recordings Marketing team, Kobalt Marketing, AWAL Product, Synch and Finance
- Analyze engagement data with client base to pinpoint new opportunities to position content, and flag bubbling up projects and opportunities to the Creative/A&R teams
- Contribute to testing of tools and provide input to client communications such as the AWAL newsletter and blog.
- Represent AWAL and support clients by attending live shows and events.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2+ years’ experience in a client/label management role working with label clients with multiple repertoire
- Experience and knowledge of current hip hop artists and landscape is highly preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes, knowledge of physical supply chain desirable
- Prior experience working with label owners and representatives and internal music industry pros is the day to day work - being professional, positive and progressive on email, phone communications and in person meeting settings is essential
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage complex situations and problem solving while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker.
- Knowledge of international industry landscape is highly desirable
- Solid understanding/experience of digital music marketing and promotion would be an advantage
- Understanding of physical supply chain and distribution would be desirable.
- The role will involve daily working with international based contacts, especially North America – some international travel may be required in the course of this role, as is flexibility for out of hours working.
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
IMPORTANT NOTICEApplicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL SUPPLIED DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s pension scheme is currently with Aviva. On passing probation, staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.