AWAL is looking for an experienced and motivated Label Manager to be based in our London headquarters. In this role, you will be responsible for a roster of high profile relationships across label and artist accounts, driving operational efficiency, creativity, visibility and value.
It’s a very exciting time for the company as a whole and particularly within the label management team where we’re really proud to be looking after so many of the best emerging and established artists and labels. At AWAL we’re doing things differently and are well placed to make the most of the changing face of the industry. Your role managing some of the hottest properties, in a cutting-edge team will be an exciting challenge.
Founded in 2004, AWAL is the trusted partner of independent artists and labels globally, from new artists at the beginning of their career to global successes. With local offices across the world, AWAL offers services such as distribution, YouTube monetization, playlist promotion, member support from industry experts, and real-time data analytics through the AWAL Portal and App. Our client roster includes both established and emerging artists such as Moby, Placebo, Chip, Gabrielle Aplin, Todd Terje, Tom Misch, R3hab and Vérité, and labels including Lex, B3SCI, Chrysalis Records, Marathon Artists, Kid Coconut, Independiente and mau5trap.
At Kobalt, we’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A LABEL MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
Reporting to the Senior Director of Label Management in the UK, your main focus will be to represent a core roster or AWAL’s key client partnerships to drive visibility, revenue and relationships whilst adding value and expertise to numerous partners and their campaigns. We expect our label managers to work in close collaboration with marketing, A&R and management to identify and develop priority artists and releases in order to upscale towards full label services, project management and other business lines.
- Manage a roster of priority clients spanning independent artists and labels across both digital and physical supply chains as necessary.
- Support these clients with distribution and release planning advice and best practices working in tandem with marketing, sales and project management as required on higher-profile campaigns.
- Onboard new clients in tandem with A&R, integrations and other teams as necessary.
- In tandem with management and A&R, regularly review and audit rosters, offering insight to those partners that should be upstreamed for broader services and to streamline workflow to current priorities.
- Mentor more junior team members as required and act as a buddy to new staff as the AWAL team expands.
- Provide reporting and feedback to line managers and executives as required.
- Represent AWAL at artist showcases & gigs, plus relevant industry conferences and events
- Continually strive to offer ideas for improvement, development and entrepreneurship across your own role and that of the team.
- Passionate about music, with minimum 2 years experience in label or product management within a progressive label or distributor.
- Excellent working knowledge of digital music distribution, supply chain and DSP processes, knowledge of physical supply chain desirable.
- Excellent understanding of the needs of artists and labels for building and maximising their release campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Flexible, adaptable and strategic thinker.
- Knowledge of international industry landscape is highly desirable
- Solid understanding/experience of digital music marketing and promotion would be an advantage
- Understanding of physical supply chain and distribution would be desirable.
- The role will involve daily working with international based contacts, especially North America – some international travel may be required in the course of this role, as is flexibility for out of hours working.
IMPORTANT NOTICEApplicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s pension scheme is currently with Aviva. On passing probation, staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.