As Director of Catalog Marketing you will create and implement campaign strategy for AWAL’s growing list of Artist and Label clients. You will drive campaigns across our global digital account and physical retail teams, create and distribute marketing materials and identify marketing opportunities. The successful candidate will have broad knowledge of the current industry landscape, direct experience with catalog marketing and be a pro-active innovator.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Kooks, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re now expanding our Miami office. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR OF CATALOG MARKETING AT AWAL DO?
- Create digital account strategy, campaigns and pitch materials.
- Identify new and existing catalog opportunities across the digital account landscape
- Identify and present song opportunities for our global sync team
- Develop and implement physical catalog sales campaigns
- Build relationships with catalog artist and label clients to identify marketing tentpoles
- Work closely with our physical sales teams around the world to implement catalog campaigns
- Develop and implement price, positioning and advertising strategy
- Playlist strategy and link consolidation for catalog tracks acquired from outside partners
- Drive social media strategy for catalog campaigns
- Develop searchable catalog track database
- Create pitch tools and campaign materials for the global digital and physical account teams
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7+ years’ experience in the music industry, preferrably in marketing at a record label
- Prior experience working within catalog marketing
- Comprehensive knowledge of the physical and the digital account landscape
- Global outlook and understanding of international markets
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.