Joining a growing NY based Finance team, reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the accounting duties associated with their assigned Business Unit. The Finance Manager is also responsible for partnering with the business on the financial aspects of department operations.
The Finance team is split across the UK & US and is responsible for accounting and FP&A.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A FINANCE MANAGER DO AT KOBALT DO?
- First point of contact with the BU team;
- Preparation of reports and financials:
- Monthly Business Unit revenue pack for presentation to CFO
- Monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- BU inputs into quarterly business unit packs
- Annual statutory accounts;
- Posting of revenue journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with the Finance Central Services team for payments;
- Manage Finance Assistants if appropriate
- Input to tax returns & Regulatory filings
- Ad-hoc Finance projects
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Accounting or Finance Degree – ideally CPA – in growth companies
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills – including ability to work with and challenge others
- Strong team player and proactive approach to work
- Strong organisational skills / prioritisation
- Desired: NetSuite accounting experience
- Desired: Music industry experience
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
Benefits: You will be eligible for the current health, life, disability and dental insurance offered per company policy and the terms of those plans. Benefits commence on the first of the month following employment with Kobalt.
Vacation and Sick Days: You shall be entitled to accrue 10 paid sick days and 15 paid vacation days per year per Company policy. In addition, Kobalt currently closes its offices between Christmas and New Year’s Day. Employees are currently paid for these days without using their personal time off as an added benefit. Vacation and sick time begin accruing the first month following the hire date but can only be taken once the employee has completed Kobalt’s 90 day Introductory Period
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.