We are hiring an Accounting Finance Manager in New York. The Manager will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for the accounting duties associated with the music publishing arm of the business. Additionally, the Manager will partner with the business to oversee financial aspects of the publishing department’s operations. The Kobalt global Finance team sits across New York and London and is responsible for both accounting and financial planning & analysis.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 640 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ACCOUNTING FINANCE MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Publishing Business Unit
- Prepare all reports and financials for Kobalt’s publishing business
- Compile and prepare the monthly publishing revenue pack for the CFO
- Prepare month end close for accounts, including variance analysis, revenue journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Compile KPIs for quarterly business unit reporting
- Participate in year-end close, including feedback to auditors and final presentation of numbers
- Partner with the A/R and A/P team as it relates to vendor payments and purchase orders
- Assist with input to tax returns & regulatory filings
- Ad-hoc finance projects as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA is highly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting role within a growing company
- Previous music, media, entertainment, and/or creative industry experience is ideal
- Experience managing a team and/or staff accountants
- Strong interpersonal skills – including the ability to work with and challenge others
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working in NetSuite is highly preferred
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.