Kobalt Music is looking for an enthusiastic, bright and organized administrative assistant with a passion for music to support the creative & clearance synch team in Los Angeles. This role reports into the VPs, Creative Synch and VP, Synch Licensing Administration.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, CREATIVE SYNCH & LICENSING ADMINSTRATION KOBALT DO?
- Provide administrative support, including:
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Maintaining, organizing and submitting expenses
- Managing call volume
- Coordinating travel
- Managing department resources
- Locating and sending audio files, as needed
- Attending meetings and circulating meeting notes, as needed
- Log promotions and pitches in Kobalt system
- Assist in creating and sending show invites to the music supervisor community
- Assist in issuing formal quotes for previously negotiated deals
- Research song ownership and rights
- Gather assets for pitching needs (writer biographies, discographies, etc.)
- Liaise with other departments at Kobalt & AWAL for various projects and meetings
- Assist in creating and distributing various synch reports for Kobalt clients
- Provide additional administrative and creative support as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years’ administrative experience, preferably supporting and/or interacting with senior level executives
- Prior music industry experience with knowledge of the recorded and music publishing businesses is preferred
- Must have a passion for music
- Must be a team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel); Proficiency with Google Drive, Photoshop and iMovie also preferred
- Great initiative with the ability to be collaborative, demonstrate strong judgment, professionalism and poise
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to be resourceful are imperative
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume & evolving environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.