We are hiring a Mechanical Licensing Assistant in New York to support the Mechanical Licensing team. The ideal candidate is just starting their career in the music industry and interested in career growth within administration. You should have some basic knowledge of music publishing for mechanicals and streaming, and be able to handle a large volume of work in a professional and upbeat manner. This person must be fluent in excel, enjoy data management and back office work.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MECHANICAL LICENSING ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Research product release information for set up in our internal system
- Handle all licensing tasks for physical, digital and print products for specific assigned labels
- Field general e-mail address requests
- Respond to split and label copy requests
- Maintain and compile various internal reports
- Communicate with clients for prior approvals
- Be proactive with any development needs and maintain an open communication with line managers
- Handle all correspondence in a timely fashion
- Keep detailed notes on various tasks to continuously update on progress without needed reminding
- Provide support to all teammates and Manager and take on ad hoc tasks as needed
- A team player with strong time management skills
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 2 years’ work experience in a relevant field
- Basic knowledge of music licensing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically within Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and exhibit strong time management skills and to stick to deadlines
- Has a “can do” attitude, and is collaborative and respectful with colleagues
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.