We are hiring a Manager, FP&A, to support the AWAL business. This position is based in New York and reports to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MANAGER, FP&A (RECORDINGS) KOBALT DO?
- Drive continuous improvement in modelling and forecasting, including building/refining model logic and assumptions while operating across multiple systems (including Excel, Adaptive Insights and our in-house royalty database). Carry out analyses to inform, update and refine forecasting assumptions and logic, and extract insight on business performance
- Develop new KPI reporting and automate reporting using tools such as Domo (Business Intelligence), Adaptive, etc.
- Anticipate and translate the needs of the business into concrete solutions, analyses and insight, including responding to ad-hoc requests for financial information/analysis and supporting strategic and operational decision making as appropriate
- Ensure forecasts (covering P&L, cashflow and KPIs) are updated on time and to high standard, communicating as appropriate with stakeholders in the business and in Finance
- Ensure delivery of regular weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting and commentary while driving continuous improvement in usefulness and efficiency of production.
- Help improve and integrate data across multiple systems and departments to increase reliability, accuracy, usefulness and production efficiency of management information
- May be required to update forecasts for business unit specific costs
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Advanced financial / Excel modelling skills and extensive experience building models from scratch, with ability to drive best practice in modelling
- 5+ years relevant experience including within an FP&A / budgeting and forecasting role (preferably in Music Recordings). Must have had responsibility for revenue forecasting
- High level of numerical aptitude, commercially aware and capable of dealing effectively with complexity
- Excellent analytical skills and approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent prioritization skills and judgement; ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Can define deliverables and propose solutions
- Positive and enthusiastic team-first attitude; embraces challenge and change; motivated and hard-working; self-confident can-do attitude; committed to development and improvement
- Music industry experience
- Formal training in financial modelling
- Experience querying and manipulating large volume complex datasets / databases; competent SQL skills and ability to bring conceptual clarity and structure to complex/unstructured data
- Experience working with Budgeting Software such as Adaptive or Hyperion
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Domo, Tableau, Looker)
- Please include CV with introductory paragraph or covering letter of 200 words max
- Candidates will be asked to complete aptitude test
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.