The VP, AWAL Creative Synch & Brand Partnerships will be responsible for proactively and creatively pitching AWAL’s roster for synch opportunities in Film, TV, Trailers, and Advertisements as well as seeking brand partnership opportunities in the US. The role will be directly responsible for managing the US-based AWAL synch team, proactively securing creative synch and brand opportunities for AWAL clients and achieving fiscal targets. This individual will report into the President, Global Synch & Brand Partnerships.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A VP, AWAL CREATIVE SYNCH & BRAND PARTNERSHIPS AT KOBALT DO?
- Oversee and manage the US-based AWAL synch team
- Implement and manage a creative synch strategy for AWAL single/album releases that align with release marketing plans
- Implement and execute an effective synch strategy to achieve quarterly and yearly fiscal targets, set by your supervisor(s)
- Ensure the AWAL synch team is staying up to date on new and upcoming releases
- Proactively solicit and pitch AWAL recordings and artists to advertising agencies, brands, film & TV production companies, television networks, and other decision makers
- Create and maintain a contact database of the key decision makers and partners to ensure that each account is being creatively managed by a member of the AWAL synch team
- Proactively reach out to AWAL artists to maintain and foster good client relations as well as keep them up to date on the current synch and brand landscape
- Provide managerial guidance to ensure the team is achieving the best marketing and financial results on every deal
- Ensure the team is keeping AWAL artists informed on all synch opportunities in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in AWAL marketing and artist meetings, as needed
- Work closely with the AWAL marketing team to leverage and maximize all synch opportunities
- Work with Synch Clearance and Admin and maintain oversight over all AWAL synch deals
- Work closely with Business Affairs, Recordings Client Admin and Operations to ensure that recordings are properly set up in the AWAL rights management database so there is oversight over all AWAL clients with synch rights
- Organize, manage and implement showcases for artists who are “in cycle”
- Attend artists shows, events, showcases as needed
- Be available to attend key events, conferences as deemed necessary by your supervisor(s) (some travel may be necessary)
- Assist with establishing and maintaining the AWAL synch team’s budget
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7-10 years’ experience managing a synch department with a proven record of successfully securing synch and/or brand partnerships, preferably at a label, publisher or music licensing company
- Excellent management skills
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and have a strong ability to multi-task
- Possess excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Must have a passion for music
- Very strong customer relations skills
- Must be a team player
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.