We are hiring a Physical Products & Distribution Manager to join our AWAL team in New York. As Manager, you will facilitate physical manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, and sales for AWAL’s diverse roster of artists and label partners. The Manager will work closely with the SVP of Physical Products & Distribution, as well as with operations, release management, manufacturing, and distribution partners. You will oversee statement analysis, and delivery of release assets.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A PHYSICAL PRODUCTS & DISTRIBUTION MANAGER AT AWAL DO?
- Support the Physical Product team’s role in the manufacturing, distribution and retail marketing process
- Support relationship management with physical accounts and distribution
- Manage the departmental budget processes
- Create and distribute sales and distribution reports
- Provide back-up administrative support to the department as needed
- Interdepartmental communication with marketing and release management
- Manage communication flow between the physical, marketing and distribution teams
- Special projects as requested
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role at a music company
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel
- Good people skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with external contacts
- Proactive self-starter who is both reliable and willing to take responsibility
- Highly skilled with numbers and IT literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.