The Assistant, Creative Synch Librarian is an entry level position responsible for aiding the Creative Synch team in collecting, cataloguing and tagging music assets associated with Kobalt’s roster of writers, artists and AWAL clients. The role will directly report into the Creative Synch Librarian and the Vice President of Creative Synch, and is based on Los Angeles
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, CREATIVE SYNCH LIBRARIAN AT KOBALT DO?
- Proactively contact new clients signed to Kobalt & AWAL with asset delivery instructions
- Proactively contact existing clients to ensure we have all of the assets associated with their catalog, particularly new and unreleased audio
- Listen to, catalogue, tag and organize all music delivered by Creative A+R, artists, songwriters and managers, among others
- Work closely with the Creative Synch Librarian to make sure all incoming audio is tagged properly
- Ensure that audio is being added to the synch asset database in a timely manner
- Communicate with the client admin team on a regular basis to ensure any new audio delivered is also getting registered into the Kobalt copyright database
- Assist in reviewing the Kobalt copyright database to determine if there is any new or historical audio that needs to be added to the synch asset database
- Assist in creating internal reports outlining new audio on a daily and weekly basis
- Alert supervisor of any new music received as it gets added to the drives and internal system
- Review tags with supervisor on a quarterly basis to determine if any tags need to be added
- Attend client meetings, circulate meeting notes and follow up as instructed by your supervisor
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum of 1-2 years music industry experience, preferably working in synch and/or music supervisors
- Must have a passion for music
- Must possess excellent organization, written and oral communication skills
- Must have very strong customer relations skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have expert knowledge of iTunes, Spotify, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Drive, BOX, DropBox and High Tail
- Ability to work independently, multitask and adapt to changing priorities
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.