At AWAL, we are working with a growing roster of emerging talent and already established independent artists from all over the world. We are looking for someone to join the AWAL Client Team to help support these labels and artists using the cutting-edge tools we’ve developed in house.
This position is based in New York to work alongside our existing Community Support Associate and with our London based team. The ideal candidate will deliver the best practice advice to AWAL clients and will take part in launching great tools so our clients can build a successful careers in music.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through our AWAL services. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave, Deadmau5, Die Antwoord, Verite, Tom Misch, Bruno Major and Rex Orange County.
Kobalt is currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re continuing to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COMMUNITY SUPPORT ASSOCIATE AT AWAL DO?
- Serve as the first point of contact for AWAL artists and label clients on campaigns and release set up
- Support artists by using our developed AWAL tools - a client support ticketing system, FAQs and informative blog posts - to assist with their business and scheduling their campaigns
- Keep clients and artists up to date with current industry best practices
- Liaise with AWAL dealmakers to help on-board priority projects and flag priority releases from artists and labels
- Provide input for development of the new client-facing tools
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1-2+ years’ experience in a customer support role, ideally within a creative company/industry
- Previous experience working with digital services and platforms
- An understanding of the digital music industry
- Excellent customer support and client facing skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English/Spanish is strongly preferred
- Organized and methodical with the ability to manage a large workload in an exciting environment with a fast-growing roster of clients
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.