We are hiring a Accounting Finance Manager to oversee accounting for AMRA Inc, a global digital music society that is part of Kobalt Music Group. The Finance Manager is based in New York and will report in to the Director of Accounting for Business Units. This position is also responsible for partnering with the business on the accounting aspects of Business Unit operations. Our global Finance team is located in both the UK & the US, and oversees accounting and FP&A.
This is a part time role to support month end close. The expectation is that you will work full-time hours during the first two weeks of each month.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A FINANCE MANAGER AT AMRA DO?
- Oversee all finance for the Society
- Serve as Society’s first point of contact when working with the Kobalt accounting team
- Prepare Society BU reports and financials, consisting of:
- Monthly Business Unit revenue pack for presentation to CF)
- Monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- BU inputs into quarterly business unit packs
- Annual statutory accounting
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting, ideally within a growing company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA is strongly preferred, but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience with NetSuite
- Revenue accounting experience required not desired.
Music or media experience desired.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.