We are hiring a Client Manager with strong interpersonal skills to join our market-leading administrative team in Los Angeles. You are a confident team-player with strong interpersonal skills and ideally a background in music copyright, publishing and/or collection societies. You are confident in client-facing, account management role, and have a track-record of providing excellent customer service and building long-term relationships. The Client Manager will communicate with Kobalt publishing clients as well as senior colleagues across the business on a regular basis.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A CLIENT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as the primary, administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and its publishing clients
- Process new client agreements and coordinate the ingestion of new compositions and catalogues with Kobalt’s Copyright Department
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all areas of Kobalt’s internal system and processes, and all areas of Kobalt’s business in order to effectively respond to client queries (including royalties, royalty and product tracking, work registrations, duplicate claims, and legal disputes)
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright and IT Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Prior experience working in music publishing and/or with a performing rights society is required
- Experience in a client-facing, account management role
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and manage high intensity situations while maintaining professionalism and poise
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced & evolving environment
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.