We are hiring a Marketing Director in Los Angeles or New York to help usher our company’s brand into a new phase of growth. Our ideal candidate lives and breathes music culture, understands the music business and has significant experience building and leading integrated marketing strategies for a global brand. If you are fluent in the metric-driven language of modern marketing but believe storytelling is the ultimate means of establishing brand identity, this role is for you. The Marketing Director will be responsible for managing integrated, multi-channel brand marketing campaigns and ensuring we tell our story the right way, to the right audience, across every available channel.
Kobalt is a music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt’s commitment to technology, transparency, and creators’ rights has driven tremendous growth year-over-year for the company and its clients. Today, Kobalt’s Music Publishing, Neighbouring Rights, and Recordings/AWAL divisions serve over 25,000 songwriters, 600 publishers, and 20,000 independent artists, including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A MARKETING DIRECTOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Lead our integrated marketing strategy and execution, maximizing the impact and value of marketing content across multiple channels by working between brand creatives team and channel owners
- Play a key strategic role in the creative content process, using your knowledge of the audience and best practices to develop creative ways to activate our audience
- Work closely with the growth marketing team to ensure content strategy is optimized and effective in helping the company reach its growth targets
- Synthesize audience metrics and quantitative feedback with your own creative judgement to ensure our brand stories are being told to the right audiences, the right ways
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4-5+ years’ experience in integrated marketing campaign planning and project management, preferably at a music company
- Prior experience working with and a solid understanding of cross-channel marketing analytics, benchmarking and best-practices
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Basic understanding of creative software like Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, Sketch
- Organized, reliable, and results-driven
- Ability to manage and push forward multiple projects on a global team
- A passion for storytelling and experience establishing brand narratives across multiple marketing channels
- Exceptional people skills and capable of managing creative and business stakeholders across a global business
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.