Our marketing team is hiring a Data Analyst with experience providing impactful data-driven insights, and steering effective member acquisition and retention strategies for focus specifically within AWAL. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex problems with data, an insatiable curiosity for the truth and excels in distilling information across the team and organization. Reporting to our Vice President of Growth Marketing & Analytics, you will help guide strategic priorities by building dashboards and reporting across all marketing channels, measuring campaign effectiveness, leading our experimentation and A/B testing framework, developing predictive and classification models, and conducting research with our members and products. This individual will work closely with paid marketing, social media, content, email, events, public relations, product, tech, A&R and other teams across AWAL.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, Kobalt has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Steve Angello, Lauv, Nick Cave, The Wombats, De La Soul, Die Antwoord, Verite, and Tom Misch.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you believe in a better music industry and would be the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES DATA ANALYST AT KOBALT DO?
- Set up and maintain KPI driven dashboards across all marketing channels
- Manage our centralized CRM; ensuring data accuracy, synchronization across sources, standards for naming/storage and custom list pulls when necessary
- Measure performance of all marketing campaigns using a mix of vendor-specific dashboards, and internal reporting compiled from multiple data sources
- Update and maintain our demand model, forecasting performance across all channels and reporting on actuals vs. plan
- Produce optimization recommendations based on page pathing and conversion reports using traffic patterns on the AWAL website
- Facilitate A/B tests on web, email, and paid marketing channels and analyze results on an ongoing basis
- Develop and maintain analytic models including but not limited to multi-touch attribution, lifetime value and persona classification
- Provide ad-hoc support of various growth initiatives including qualitative research, survey design, web/product development, and more
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 3-5 years’ analytics experience preferably focused on marketing for an e-commerce brand or tech start-up with a high volume of complex data
- High proficiency in SQL and Excel
- Fluency in Python or R is preferred
- Experience handling budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- Solid understanding of data visualization and business intelligence software packages (e.g. DOMO, Looker, QuickSight, Google Analytics)
- Familiar with lifecycle marketing concepts, member segmentation, multi-touch attribution methodologies and offline/digital acquisition channels
- Conducted A/B or multivariate tests and able to apply statistical analysis techniques for reporting and modeling purposes
- Experience with advanced analytics models and desire to grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, and a creative and critical thinker
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.