The Senior Director, Synch & Brand Partnerships Nordics will be responsible for proactively and creatively pitching Kobalt's roster of writers and artists for synch opportunities in Film, TV, Trailers and Advertisements as well as seeking brand partnerships opportunities in the Nordic region. This individual will also be responsible for securing and negotiating synch licenses within those territories. The role will be based in Stockholm and report into the Managing Director, Scandinavia, who is based in Stockholm and the SVP, Commercial Synch & Brand Partnerships who is based in NYC.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing Stockholm team is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
What would you do as a Senior Director, Sync & Brand Parterships?
- Facilitate, negotiate, and close all levels of film, television and advertising related licensing deals that originate in the relevant territories for Kobalt roster of publishing and label clients
- Proactively solicit and pitch Kobalt-administered compositions and recordings to advertising agencies, brands, music supervisors, music editors, producers in the relevant territories
- Procure and implement strategic partnerships for Kobalt clients with brands, television networks, production companies, etc.
- Create and maintain a contact database of the key music decision makers and partners at advertising agencies, brands, Film & TV production companies, television networks, etc. in the relevant territories
- Implement and execute an effective synch strategy to achieve quarterly and yearly fiscal targets set by your supervisor(s)
- Be available to travel to key markets to meet and maintain relationships with key music decision makers
- Proactively reach out to Kobalt’s writers/artists to maintain and entertain good client relations as well as keep them up to date on the current synch and brand landscape in the territories
- Provide contact base with creative music pitches upon request and respond to licensing requests in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
- Log, maintain and manage licensing deals and pitches in Kobalt’s internal database
- Attend Kobalt external meetings as needed as a representative of the synch team
- Update internal executives, artist/writer representatives on current licensing deals
- Stay abreast of new music from writer/artist signings
- Organize meetings in the relevant territories for writers/artists upon request
- Attend Kobalt artist/writer live shows, events, showcases as needed
- Be available to attend key events, conferences (some travel will be necessary)
You will ideally have
- Multiple years of experience in synch and brand partnerships within the music- or ad- industry
- Must be fluent in Swedish and English
- Must have an entrepreneurial character, with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must possess excellent organization, communication and selling skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must have very strong customer relations, demonstration and presentation skills
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must have a passion for music
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and good at prioritising personal work flow
- Understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses
- Proactive self-starter, reliable and willing to take responsibility
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.