We are hiring a self-motivated individual who is focused on responsibilities and objectives in the face of the many “spinning plates” of evolving priorities, travel, touring artists, and more. The Director, West Coast Promotion, Rock Formats will actively promote and market our artists to Alternative, Rock and Triple A radio stations in the western part of the U.S. (Generally California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Texas, Hawaii). The Director will work closely with the SVP, Rock Formats to strategize, develop and execute promotion campaigns, and will liaise with the regional, and national, staff during said execution. This role will actively pursue airplay and marketing opportunities at radio for our artists and clients and develop relationships and open communication lines with the programmers in the western region, in part through frequent travel. The Director will also set up promotional opportunities for our artists and clients with radio, and when necessary, travel to cover those events. There may be an opportunity to also cover events not under the Alternative, Rock or Triple A format headings, as needed.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR, WEST PROMOTION AT AWAL DO?
- Develop promotion campaigns and strategy for both AWAL/Kobalt artists, as well as clients unaffiliated with AWAL/Kobalt
- Serve as a liaison with label, producer and management clients
- Participate in a weekly promotion conference call, as well as other project-specific calls and meetings, as needed
- Communicate industry promotion best practices to artists and clients
- Implement promotion campaigns and strategy for multiple clients/artists simultaneously
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with marketing managers within the AWAL/Kobalt system, and with other internal departments as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 2+ years’ experience in a music promotion role
- Existing relationships with Alternative, Rock and Triple A radio programmers, and a passion for those formats
- Passion for “indie” music, and an ability to communicate that passion effectively and strategically
- Knowledge of current music promotion campaigns
- Experience managing promotion campaigns from strategy to implementation
- The drive to provide major-label-quality, top-of-class promotion support for independent artists and labels
- Ability to read Mediabase, BDS, Soundscan, Rate the Music, Shazam, streaming and other data, and use that info to effectively advance our priorities with radio
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to weigh in on new music and projects in regards to his/her commercial radio viability
- Excellent time-management skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.