SENIOR ENGINEER - AMRA
Kobalt was founded in 2000 with a mission: Make the music industry fairer and rewarding for creators.
We wanted to give artists, songwriters, musicians, labels and publishers the freedom and transparency they needed to build their careers.
Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music technology driven music services including Publishing, Recordings and the world’s first Digital Collection Society are trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE AN ENGINEER AT KOBALT
As an engineer at Kobalt you’ll be involved in the whole development life cycle starting with planning and roadmapping sessions with the product and design team, writing clean, scalable and fully tested code.
Our new developers are always mentored by an existing and more experienced member of the team and have access to an extensive range of learning materials ranging from a free Udemy account to access to a library of online e-books and audiobooks.
HOW DOES THIS ROLE CONTRIBUTE TO KOBALT?
We are looking for world-class Software Engineers to join our AMRA team at our London Technology HQ. AMRA (American Music Rights Association) is the world's first global digital collection society that enables us to collect royalties for our publishing and sync clients all over the world without having to deal with local collection societies.
Our AMRA technology collects and processes large and complex data files from global streaming providers like Spotify and Apple Music and matches the data to our own catalogue of artists using machine learning before determining what royalties are due and to who. This helps us to ensure that our artists fairly and transparently paid.
Language is not the most important thing to us when we look for engineers, however, today we rely heavily on the Java Stack for our AMRA services so some experience of the Java ecosystem would be advantageous.
This is a unique opportunity to be hands on with both the product and the technology whilst helping to shape the future of music for creators.
IDEALLY YOU WILL...
- Have experience of working on large and complex applications with high business and customer impact
- Have exceptional engineering skills preferably within a Java environment
- Have experience of transferring knowledge and mentoring graduates and more junior team members
- Be able to pivot - music is a fast moving industry to you will need to be able to change and adapt
- Have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms and preferably microservices
- A passion for SOLID principles and TDD - You will always write clean, tested and reliable code
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover extendable to your family and in the event that you are unable to work we will continue to pay up to 75% of your salary
- A dedicated learning and development team for Tech, Udemy, BookBoon and more
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical and mental health and offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga, (almost) daily meditation classes and free mental health coaching via Sanctus
- A great office with everything you need to do your job and enjoy your place of work including free healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, fresh fruit and cereal, fantastic open space on our roof and shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties and regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday and the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen