We are hiring a creative, talented, motivated senior designer experienced in delivering inspiring design across a range of channels and mediums. Based in LA, this role will work within our Content Marketing team to conceptualize and execute designs that speak to artists and the music industry. Reporting to the Art Director, the designer will work in a fast-paced creative-led marketing team, focused on creating assets - across various digital and print mediums - that promote our brand, services, and artists.
Kobalt is a globally renowned music brand that represents some of the world’s most successful musicians and artists, including the Weeknd, Lorde, Paul McCartney, Foo Fighters, Skrillex, Diplo, and more. We put our artists at the center of everything we do. AWAL is Kobalt's recordings company, signing artists without taking ownership or control of their rights. Unlike traditional labels, we invest in the artist's vision and pay them the majority share of revenue.
We are currently over 500 employees based across 10 offices around the world - and growing. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing music company is for you - apply today.
WHAT DOES A SR. DESIGNER AT KOBALT DO?
- Create exceptional, thoughtful brand designs and creative assets that will be used across all our channels (Social Media, Events, Print & Online ads, Website, Offices, etc.):
- Create content and digital designs including, ad campaigns, social media content, website landing pages, emails, infographics, motion graphics, presentations, etc.
- Environmental design for events, i.e. posters, booths, interactive spaces, etc.
- Take ownership of design projects from brief to completion
- Present & articulate your ideas to Sr. Management and all levels of stakeholders
- Manage 3rd party design support as required, ie. Videographers, photographers, freelancers, etc.
- Help elevate our brand strategy work including the development and evolution of the brand vision through design
- Ensure our brand is appropriately translated consistently across all projects and platforms.
- Assist in the creation and enforcement of templates, guidelines and specification documents to aid seamless introduction of new deliverables to the rest of the company – the use of typefaces, logos, colors, etc.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication Design/Graphic Design or equivalent
- 4-6 years’ experience in a creative role
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Etc.)
- Illustration, Digital Video Editing (including motion graphics) and Basic coding (HTML/CSS) a plus
- Strong portfolio showing design talent and creative thinking
- Ability to define and follow brand guidelines
- Excellent typographic and layout skills
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of production processes across print, digital, and video
- Delivery focused with excellent organizational, planning and time management
- Meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.