Kobalt is looking to hire a highly organised, self-driven and detail-oriented assistant to support the Creative team in the Berlin office on their daily duties, as well as maintaining the smooth running of the office by being the first point of contact for any facilities issues.
But your main role will be to support the Creative team in their day-to-day activities. To be successful in the role, you are an excellent organizer and communicator, able to build a trustworthy relationship among internal teams, Kobalt clients and external contacts.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
Working at Kobalt, you will help to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES A CREATIVE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Assisting in working the catalogue of songs and help identifying possible exploitation
- Setting up writing-sessions and assisting setting up writing-camps
- Assisting in setting up / co-ordinating meeting schedules
- Communicating with clients and the copyright team to keep track of new songs being written and administered accordingly
- Helping to maintain all the tools used for doing all the above
- Maintaining existing relationships with clients and business partners in Berlin
- Helping to scout and identify possible new clients
- Helping the sync team in the field of marketing and administration
- Taking care of the office management, including its facilities and overseeing supplies
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE
- Excellent communication skills with experience of building and maintaining client relationships
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization as well as with external parties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and a detail-driven mind-set
- Strong interest in music and songs
- Openness towards various musical genres
- Being up to date on musical trends and able to find and present new talent that fits to Kobalt
- Ability to set and consistently meet deadlines and good at prioritizing personal work flow
- Good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses
- Proactive self-starter, both reliable and willing to take responsibility
- Friendly, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality
- Music industry experience, preferably through internships at a music company or practical oriented music business studies
- Role may require occasional manual handling of crates and other equipment
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at Oberwallstraße 1, Berlin 10117
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval