Kobalt Music is looking to hire its next VP of Engineering to work alongside a peer group of senior technologists and business leaders on a mission to change the way that musicians and artists are represented in the music industry.
Working closely with our CTO you will support in building diverse, highly efficient and highly-skilled full stack engineering teams aligned to Kobalt’s core business units. We’re looking for an inspiring leader who’s passionate about empowering people and supporting teams and individuals in meeting their full potential. You will be pragmatic about technologies, have a natural curiosity and will be a keen contributor to open source projects – if it already exists, use it.
This is a unique opportunity to be hands on with both the teams and the technology whilst helping to shape the core structure of a rapidly scaling organisation and have real impact on the future of music.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience building and motivating software engineering teams
- Technology knowledge, specifically in service-oriented architecture and developing and operating highly scalable data centric services and web applications
- Experience of implementing best practices, agile methodologies, continuous delivery and experimentation
- Experience in working in a leadership team, creating technology roadmap and direction based on business strategy
- Ability to share expertise and promote diversity while navigating a complex organisation
- Empower and mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high quality products, and develop themselves as leaders and engineers.
- Own the technical vision of your area; identify and manage risks, dependencies, and opportunities.
- Help standardise and continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Work closely with the VP of Product, Business stakeholders & other Engineering leaders across the business to ensure product objectives are realistic but aggressive, business needs are met, and success metrics are identified and reviewed.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.