As the streaming landscape is continuing to grow and change, Kobalt is looking for a personable as well as analytical Junior Digital Account & Product Manager to join our Berlin-based AWAL team. This amazing opportunity will allow you to work with an incredibly diverse roster of up and coming as well as established acts, helping to drive their playlisting and profiles across digital services.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, GSA, you will help with the day to day management of new release information and pitching materials to ensure new and ongoing releases are presented to digital accounts. To be successful in the role, we need someone with a natural incline towards sales, but with a humble approach, as well as a true people person who takes great care of Kobalt contacts.
You will be the primary contact for selected platforms and therefore responsible for monitoring and reporting on sales and trends using various analytics tools, so it’s pivotal that you have an analytical mindset, an eye for details and love digging the data!
Additionally, you will assist as Junior Product Manager working with our international artists and label clients and their representatives to implement the global strategy into the local market (GSA). For GSA clients your role includes supporting the onboarding process via UK, building a good relationship with them, and finding out everything you need to know to support their career fully.
This role is ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music! This is an exciting time to be joining Kobalt’s Recordings division, and to be successful in the role, we need a confident, quick learner who is not afraid of asking questions but also great at taking control of situations. The Berlin office is a small, tight-knit unit so we are looking for an exceptional team player, with a track-record of working proactively in teams, is a safe pair of hands and takes initiative as well as goes above and beyond to support the team!
Kobalt is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released through AWAL and Kobalt Music Recordings by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen Kobalt includes Lauv, Nick Cave, The Kooks, The Wombats, You Me At Six, Courtney Barnett, Tom Misch, Hugo Helmig and Vérité. Working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow!
What would you do as a Junior Digital Account & Product Manager?
- Represent AWAL releases (catalogue as well as frontline) to selected DSPs & assist with the day to day relationship with key accounts in GSA
- Liaise with project marketing leads to help build digital sales and streaming strategies
- Assist with the collection and processing of pitching information across the AWAL rosters
- Prepare presentations for playlist and editorial pitching meetings
- Generate weekly reports on the status of artist campaigns including playlist and on-platform profile results
- Analyse performance of releases using Kobalt's analytics tools
- Assist artists, labels and their representatives as point of contact for any queries related to releases/deals
As a Junior Product Manager you work largely independently on our releases and you coordinate all processes and measures of marketing:
- Creative exchange with promotion agencies as well as managements, artists and UK AWAL office to ensure a successful release/ artists campaigns for GSA
- You control your campaigns on a data-driven basis and are constantly looking for new marketing strategies.
- You’re working closely with UK team to develop and implement digital marketing strategies as well as innovative digital concepts
- You work closely with the global AWAL team and you are in constant exchange of knowledge
- It is also important to establish and cultivate contacts with artists, artist managers, tour organizers and media partners
- Pitch videos & translate shorter PR-texts, mailout of CDs, research sales and streaming data
- Compilation and administration of newsletter contacts as well as mailout of newsletter
- Artist support on promotion days as well as concert visits
You will ideally have
…knowledge of current and future trends in music and the digital services landscape
…global outlook and understanding of markets
…excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of building and maintaining client relationships
…organized self-starter, able to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a high-pressure environment
…interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization as well as with external parties
…fluency in German and English
…excellent attention to detail, an analytical & detail-driven mind-set
…professional experience using Microsoft office suite
…good understanding of flexible entrepreneurial work environments and growing businesses
…proactive, both reliable and willing to take responsibility
…friendly, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog: www.awal.com/blog