We are seeking an assistant client relations manager with strong interpersonal and numerical skills to join our market-leading administrative team. Previous experience in music copyright, administration and account management is required.
This is an office-based, administrative role that will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player with very strong written and verbal communication skills. It will suit someone seeking to work in an ambitious and successful organization. Candidates must be comfortable communicating with high profile clients and their representatives. Knowledge of foreign collection societies and music publishing on a global scale would be advantageous.
The primary roles of the client service team are to transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries.
- Act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions from Kobalt clients and any internal queries relating to those clients
- Help ensure that Kobalt has all relevant information concerning existing compositions prior to signing new agreements
- Process new client agreements and coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright department to input and register new compositions and catalogues
- Develop and maintain relationships between Kobalt and client representatives
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Copyright and IT Departments to manage the quarterly royalty distribution for client accounts
- Provide support and assistance to the department with scheduled administrative tasks
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years previous experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society is required
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Highly numerate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Sensitivity to confidential information and material
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.