As the Technical Product Manager, you will report to the Senior Product Manager for AMRA and deliver technical product solutions to the AMRA and Kobalt teams. This key role will work closely with KTech’s technical engineering and data science teams to help design and improve the metadata matching applications and tools to support AMRA staff and its clients. The challenge will include complex data problems and production issues that can be solved through product development.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Highly numerate with excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Proactive product management; the drive to seek out opportunities for new products or features – identifying problems and offering solutions
- A track record of delivering products from early specification through to completion
- Strong familiarity with Agile methods and the ability to promote new approaches in a changing, unstructured environment would be highly desirable
- Gravitas to engage and challenge senior stakeholders and engineering colleagues
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED?
- 3 years of technical product management experience (e.g. PO role).
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or analytical field, e.g. Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Experience with product management or systems design with a focus on Internet and data software products and technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Master of Science or PhD.
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, industry trends and technology developments.
- Wide knowledge of functional areas such as Engineering, Data Science or Finance.
- Experience developing big data, machine learning or metadata matching applications.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.