We are hiring a Director, Compensation & Benefits in New York. The Director will report to the Chief People Officer and join our growing global People & Culture team. Key responsibilities will be to provide global compensation support, own the global salary review process and build a compensation philosophy to attract and retain key talent. Additionally, this role will oversee US benefits and provide support to the VP, People & Culture (UK & Row) with compensation & benefits management for those territories.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform can track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re still growing!
WHAT DOES A COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DIRECTOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Advise leadership on reward & recognition strategy ensuring fairness and equity and execute on that strategy globally
- Lead the company’s salary review and bonus programs
- Manage compensation bench-marking, which includes managing compensation suppliers (such as Radford)
- Evaluate current benefits and payroll providers/processes and provide recommendations
- Manage US benefits scheme and enrollment cycles
- Manage benefit brokers globally
- Handle all communication and education of benefits and rewards for Kobalt employees
- Ensure serves as a market leader within the industry for compensation and benefits
- Recommend programs as needed to maintain competitiveness in market
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7+ years’ compensation & benefits experience, preferably with experience at a high growth company
- Previous experience successfully building and managing executive level compensation plans within an organization
- Solid knowledge of industry compensation & benefits plans and standards
- Understanding of benefits enrollment processes and experience working with benefits brokers/external vendors
- Comprehensive understanding of job evaluation and salary bench-marking
- Prior experience managing share option plans is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced excel skills with a proven analytical and problem-solving mindset
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.