Joining a growing People & Culture team, reporting to the Chief People Office, this role will provide global compensation support, owning the salary review process and building a compensation philosophy to attract and retain key talent, plus be responsible for US benefits, and providing support to the VP of People & Culture for UK & Row on managing compensation & benefits in those territories.
The People & Culture department is a growing team of 21, made up of Business Partners, Learning & Development and Internal Recruitment. This role will be the first compensation & benefits role in the team and therefore, whilst being extremely hands on, will play a key strategic role in the team.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 600 people based across 13 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DIRECTOR AT KOBALT DO?
- Advise leadership on reward & recognition strategy ensuring fairness and equity
- Own the execution of that strategy globally.
- Lead the salary review and bonus programs.
- Manage compensation benchmarking, including managing compensation suppliers (such as Radford)
- Evaluate current benefits and payroll providers/processes and provide recommendations
- Manage US benefits scheme and enrolment cycles
- Manage benefit brokers globally.
- Handle all communication and education of benefits and rewards
- Ensure Kobalt is a market leader in comp and benefits
- Recommend programs as needed to maintain competitiveness in market.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Must have minimum 7 years Comp & Benefits experience, preferably at a high growth company
- Advanced excel skills with a proven analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Experience of building and managing executive level compensation plans
- Job evaluation and salary benchmarking skills
- Experience of managing share option schemes would be advantageous
- Excellent communication with first class relationship building skills
- Business savvy
- Must be strong communicator
Most importantly you will need a flexible and proactive attitude. We’re still in high growth mode, and the role is incredibly busy. We’d expect individuals to be able to manage multiple projects, as well as handle business as usual work.
In 2017, Kobalt was named Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK) and has won the Independent Music Publisher Award eight consecutive times. Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
Check out our blog:
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.