Brooklyn, NY / Remote
Koala is a rapidly growing commerce platform providing premium ordering experiences for restaurants such as Shake Shack, MOD Pizza, Wingstop and many others. Through our web, native app and kiosk ordering we drive higher check sizes and greater guest satisfaction for many of the leading restaurants brands.
We’re seeking a Product Manager to propel our product forward through a strategic vision, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams to success. In this role you will be a constant advocate for the user and will have the opportunity to drive our roadmap forward.
- Work with a dedicated group of engineers and designers, acting as a leader & liaison in prioritization and decision making - using data and insights wherever possible to drive the product forward.
- Manage roadmaps for high-profile products and services, maintaining strong focus on feedback loops and goals while balancing internal needs and analytics findings. Direct various internal teams on priorities and gain buy-in from all parties.
- Drive the feature lifecycle from definition through to client adoption including feature definition, briefs, design workflows, Jira tickets, and validation.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain project timelines to ensure deadlines are met, setting meeting cadence, taking notes and capturing action items.
- Remove blockers for the team to keep them moving forward with efficiency by coordinating with client and integration partners to obtain needed information and troubleshoot issues, working with the product, design and engineering teams to workshop solutions, escalating flags as needed.
- Work collaboratively with leadership to create processes and protocols that foster collaboration, strategic decision making and company growth.
- Support in the development and adoption of a strong knowledge center that is constantly growing and meticulously maintained.
- A strong communicator with an outstanding ability to clearly and tactfully articulate problems and resolutions to both internal and external teams - understanding the variation in communications between different parties.
- A quick learner, able to learn the components of a complex system and its requirements quickly, picking up new configurations and features quickly so as to be able to provide unparalleled support to clients and the product team.
- Excited to iterate on team processes in an effort to create a more efficient and effective team.
- Able to maintain different workflows without allowing tasks or follow up to slip through the cracks.
- Understanding of how to prioritize both personal and team time to achieve product goals.
- Relentless in maintaining clear documentation for internal teams that empowers collaboration and strategic contributions.
- Able to think at scale while remaining diligently detail-oriented.
- Empathetic towards the challenges of a small team while remaining excited and motivated to solve for those challenges.
- Experienced with agile environments that seek to ship early and often without sacrificing quality.
- An efficient and effective worker dedicated to the product’s success.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of fundamental concepts for project and product management
- Ability to implement and iterate on agile processes
Even Better If:
- You have experience in the food ordering space (ideally not just as a customer)
Koala is dedicated to hiring a diverse and highly skilled talent base and as such is committed to EEO practices. Koala provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.