SENIOR iOS ENGINEER
BROOKLYN, NY / REMOTE
Koala is an ordering experience platform with a focus on premium ordering channels for restaurants and stadiums. Our products are driving higher check sizes and greater guest satisfaction for many of the leading restaurants brands and stadiums!
We’re seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team of talented engineers, designers, and product managers in building products that make ordering simple and enjoyable. The perfect candidate is a natural problem solver and leader who is dedicated to product and code quality.
THIS ROLE IS FOR YOU IF...
- you are team oriented and prefer working closely with other disciplines in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- you have significant experience with Functional Reactive Programming, RxSwift, ReactiveSwift, etc.
- you have extensive knowledge of core Computer Science concepts, including Object-Oriented programming, multi-threading, MVVM, MVC, etc.
- you have profound and broad knowledge of the iOS SDK.
- you are proficient in creating beautiful animations and transitions utilizing UIKit and Core Animation.
- you have a solid understanding of the memory implications of your code and are adept at using memory debugger and instrumentation to track down memory leaks.
- you have a deep understanding of API interactions from end-to-end, particularly with RESTful APIs.
- you understand and use source control and project tracking software.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- helping build our kiosk and mobile applications which serve millions of customers.
- leveraging industry best practices to write, produce, and document high quality code including unit tests, automated UI tests, API stubs/mocks, etc.
- driving architecture and design decisions while accurately scoping features.
- 3+ years of iOS app development experience.
- 4 years of professional engineering experience.
- Ability to convey technical concepts clearly via non-technical language.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU...
- have built applications that require continuous uptime (10+ hrs) and diligent memory usage.
- have a knack for monitoring and debugging applications with services like Firebase Crashlytics.
- have experience working with mobile device management providers.
- have a passion for building consumer-facing applications.
Koala is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We build digital products, platforms and ecosystems that work to better the lives of users and our client partners. Koala offers comprehensive benefits, 401k match, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Koala is dedicated to hiring a diverse and highly skilled talent base and as such is committed to EEO practices. Koala provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.