About the company:
Knox is the first financial institution for property investors. With Knox, you can afford to buy your new home and keep your old house as a smart financial asset. We’re changing how homeowners and property investors build wealth. There are great brands up and down Wall Street ready to make the most of your portfolio of stocks and bonds, but Knox is the first and only investment firm focused on property.
Used to be, you had to sell one home to pay for the next. Knox Financial was founded by experienced entrepreneurs who looked at the value of the homes they used to own and kicked themselves for selling. Now, things are different. Knox is unlocking preferred rates of return and creating generational wealth for families up and down the economic spectrum. Venture funded, we’re building an extraordinary team to help us expand rapidly.
Knox is a mission-driven company with a diverse team that values honest and transparent communication, elegant and focused execution, as well as individual and team excellence. We offer market compensation and meaningful equity for world-class teammates. In 2021, Knox continues to grow in excess of 300% year over year, launched in 3 new cities, and closed an A-round of investment. Best of all, we’re just getting started!
We are seeking an experienced Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) to join us on this mission. You’ll join our leadership team and scale our client acquisition, marketing, and customer success organizations. Together with members of the executive team, you will execute on our strategic plan including scaling our growth rate, keeping CAC in-line, and achieving exceptional customer retention. You always champion the customer’s perspective, knowing growth is only achieved when our customer’s investment goals are our priority.
The ideal candidate has experience scaling a high-growth startup and created efficient, scalable and profitable rocket-ship growth. You balance numbers and results with brand and messaging. Consumer fintech, insuretech, and proptech are in your blood. You are comfortable customizing and optimizing your tactics to hit multiple key performance metrics, while at the same time driving awareness and brand value.
You are a multi-talented doer: You can pivot from marketing, to sales, to customer success all in a day’s work. You intuitively understand SaaS KPIs. You love testing and data driven decision making. Wild horses couldn't keep you from digging into the weeds to get a job done yourself, but you are wise enough to know when to hire and scale a team or hire a subject matter expert to drive rapid growth.
The customer experience, from first learning about Knox, to signup and onboarding, and throughout a decades long relationship, is your obsession. You’re a story-teller and brand builder. You care deeply about connecting with our users, providing them with top-tier experiences, and building a brand that customers brag to their friends about.
You have a passion for investing, finance, and real estate and the opportunity to change how people build wealth excites you. You likely have experience in fintech, insuretech, or proptech. Your recent roles have been in B2C startups.
Successful candidates will have some or all of the following experience:
- You’ve been a CRO or the leader of customer acquisition, CS, and/or marketing for a B2C fintech startup. The organization achieved significant scale. You arrived early (Seed or A round) and grew with the organization for several years.
- Experience running a metrics-driven marketing organization within P&L and KPI parameters including focus on customer acquisition cost, lifetime customer value, customer retention, annual revenue per unit, and same unit revenue growth.
- You have several years experience managing teams to deliver marketing, customer acquisition, customer success, and growth for a venture backed startup
You will be joining a venture-backed early stage team made up of experienced, successful entrepreneurs with multiple ventures and exits under their belts. The right candidate is probably looking for this setting. The ability to get things done well and quickly is paramount. You get out of bed in the morning with ideas for how to improve systems, follow-up sequences, form completion rates, pitches, and user interfaces.
- Lead the marketing, sales, and customer success functions within Knox. Each of these departments will have a leader who reports to you.
- Work as a member of our senior leadership team providing input and collaborating to achieve our strategic goals.
- Manage within your budget parameters to deliver leads and signups at an ever improving $/acq.
- Own our customer acquisition metrics reporting.
- With the help of our marketing and product teams, improve our campaigns, website, and app to achieve growth and retention goals.
- Hire, develop, and scale a world class team
- Be a leader and mentor to a growing team of marketers, salespeople, CSRs, managers, and analysts who help you deliver results.
- Work with and manage agencies and independent contractors who deliver outcomes and skill sets we do not possess within our team.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, software companies, and agencies.
Compensation:Knox offers market rate salaries for our scale and state. As with any series A startup, equity compensation will represent a large percentage of your overall compensation. Every candidate’s personal financial priorities are different, therefore we can be somewhat flexible in the mix of base salary and equity. Of course, all members of the Knox team receive our generous benefit package.