WE HAVE CREATED A WORLD WHERE ART AND SCIENCE ARE BEST FRIENDS
Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented opportunities and challenges facing marketers today. We are about 500 people strong, pairing PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, strategists, engineers and expert research teams to produce some of the most innovative and cutting-edge creative work in culture. We believe that when creative truly collaborates with science, strategy, and technology, amazing things can happen.
Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate, and many other categories. These partnerships have earned us multiple awards and recognition: Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards, ProMax Agency of the Year, and most recently, Digiday’s Most Innovative Media Agency.
We couldn’t create this award-winning work without seeking out and hiring the best talent. What does it mean to be a Knowner? We are curious innovators, knowledge-hunters who are constantly challenging ourselves to do better and be better for our clients, for our team and for our world at large. Our offices around the U.S. are open and while most of our people work in a hybrid setting, we are a distributed workforce with a number of Knowners working remotely.
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
About the role:
Known’s Media Science team uses advanced analytics, machine learning, statistics, and algorithms to plan and optimize advertising dollars. We partner with our clients to translate their business goals into meaningful metrics, and buy media across all channels to drive those target outcomes. We are looking for a VP, Media Strategy to join the team and work alongside data analysts, buyer scientists and channel activation teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Media Strategy
- Direct data-led media strategies across a select number of accounts
- Maintain awareness of client business issues, category insights and competition, translating ambiguous challenges into campaign solutions
- Develop cross-channel strategy & planning for media accounts both externally and internally as oversight, as well as coordinating the inputs for buying
- Working closely with data science and channel leads who are responsible for driving campaign performance goals through the application of scientific methods and technology
- Remain fully embedded in all aspects of the campaign including the planning process, through campaign execution and measurement
- Client Relations & Account Management
- Build trusted relationships with senior clients
- Inspire and advise clients, elevating all media-related discussions, including planning and strategy
- SOW oversight for clients, managing expectations and bringing forward new solutions
- Oversee cross-channel budget management working with client and internal stakeholders
- Partner with clients to understand their business goals, marketing objectives and competitive constraints for the purpose of leading agency media planning outputs
- Agency Development
- Manage a team of Strategists
- Understand and promote Known’s holistic suite of practices; provide media guidance to other Known disciplines as needed
- Contribute thought-leadership to the Know Media Science practice, and help shape inter-discipline standards and processes across client sets
- Contribute to new business efforts and seamlessly orchestrate onboarding of new clients
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- 10+ years of experience in strategy and planning of large media campaigns
- 5+ years’ experience in leadership and development, directly leading, managing, and inspiring teams
- Experience engaging, managing and building relationships with senior and executive level clients
- A progressive mindset with proven success driving a business forward with innovative ideas, opportunities and programs
- Excellent verbal and presenting skills to be an effective and persuasive communicator
- An eye for emerging industry trends and topics, with an ability to shape business-building opportunities for clients
- Fluency in managing cross-functional collaborators to deliver unified work
- A data-driven mentality, with a hunger to continuously refine strategy, performance, and opportunity through insights
- Deep understanding of the media landscape, consumer behavior, media consumption, and how to connect strategic thought leadership with activation across both digital and traditional channels
- A history of work product that shows curiosity, accountability, flexibility, and an ability to secure stakeholder buy in
- The ability to be a self-starter, with strong communication and organizational skills for a fast-paced environment
SOME OF OUR PERKS
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Annual bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- Company-wide events and retreats
ONE LAST THING TO ASK YOURSELF
All this might sound great, but you’re probably still wondering, “Would I be a good fit for Known?” or “Would Known be a good fit for me?” Our culture is propped up by four values that we aspire to every day: We are one team. We see the good. We never stop learning. There’s always a better way. At Known we are setting out to build something more than just a company. We are building a legacy filled with exceptionally talented people with a kaleidoscope of backgrounds, experiences, and origin stories who feel encouraged and empowered to bring their whole selves to work, and to partner with us in molding and shaping our culture through our values.
Known is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.
The base salary for this position is $200K - $250K.
This range is posted in compliance with state and municipal Pay Transparency laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to receive additional Known benefits.