Known is a modern marketing company designed to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities faced by companies today. We have the privilege of working with a diverse set of clients, from the largest and most influential firms in the world to innovative new brands trying to disrupt their categories.
We offers generous benefits, including company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, unlimited time off, vacation and anniversary perks, 12-weeks of 100% paid parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers, and a 401k with company matching and no vesting period.
Known's culture is driven by our company values and you can expect to work in a collaborative, "we are one team" environment; continue learning and growing professionally; be in the company of kind, empathetic colleagues and managers; and be inspired to reach for the best.
Our Strategy team is at the heart of Known’s mission to bring ground-breaking customer insight, strategic consulting, media planning/buying and creative work to our clients.
This role may be based in any our offices: New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, Boston, Austin, San Francisco. Remote possible.
The Manager Role
As a market research Manager, you will lead projects end-to-end and be empowered to bring your stature as a marketing expert to client engagements. As you get opportunities to build relationships with our most important clients, we want you to ultimately become the person they think about when they think about Known.
You will be well-supported as you develop as a Manger, reporting to a Research Director who is first and foremost your brainstorming partner and collaborator - for client projects and for your career.
You will also be part of a collaborative team that includes peers at your level, as well as early-career researchers to support you during projects and who will look to you for mentorship.
This role is right for you if:
- Nothing excites you more than bringing your experience, analytical skills, and creativity to solve challenging problems.
- You crave being part of a team that takes on these challenges together and that respects and values the unique perspective that each person brings.
- You are at a stage in your career where you want to explore different exciting paths that your career could take and want to be in an environment that gives you opportunities for exploration.
What You Will Do
You’ve spent your career so far establishing expertise and authority in a marketing-related field with established analytical skills and now want to be in a role that both leverages what you know and also gives you opportunities to continue growing.
Here are some of the responsibilities of the position:
- Lead client engagements end-to-end
- You will work with Directors at the initial proposal and scoping phases of projects to define the best approach.
- You will own the research design, analysis plan, and reporting/storytelling, with a Director who acts as your partner and sounding board, and a Consultant or Analyst who supports you.
- In many cases, you will present the results of your work to key clients, in collaboration with the Research Director you work with.
- Deliver high-quality work
- You will ensure rigor in design and analysis, and work with your team to deliver compelling presentations that tell a real story and go beyond standard data reporting.
- Mentorship and collaboration
- You will manage and mentor junior researchers throughout the course of a given project.
- You will partner with other members of the strategy team as well as employees in other departments such as data science, creative and client experience, and potentially external vendors, to successfully build and execute your projects.
- Business development
- You will support business development initiatives by maintaining strong relationships with clients and using your insight and expertise to drive organic growth.
- Over time, you will support and eventually lead proposal development alongside the Research Director you work with.
- You have 5-7 years of quantitative market research experience at a market research firm, consulting agency, or similar company
- You have fluency in talking about strategic marketing problems, a practical understanding of what our clients are trying to achieve, and you have the technical experience to know how best to approach these problems. Specific examples include:
- Early stage market opportunity assessment
- Customer segmentation (e.g., using Latent Class Clustering) and needs assessment
- Feature/needs prioritization to support product development (e.g., using MaxDiff, TURF analysis)
- Pricing/Packaging/Product Portfolio optimization (e.g., using Conjoint)
- Path-to-Purchase research
- Value Proposition development
- Positioning and Messaging research
- Brand Tracking and/or Media Tracking research
- You have superb communication, narrative-building, and presentation skills.
- You have worked in collaborative environments and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Experience in mentoring or managing early-career colleagues in a prior role is a plus.
- You have experience in a statistical package such as SPSS, SAS, Q; experience in R and Python is a plus.