Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle and San Francisco, we are more than 425 people, a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients win.
Known’s Media Science team uses advanced analytics, machine learning, statistics, and algorithms to plan and optimize advertising dollars. We partner with our clients to translate their business goals into meaningful metrics, and buy media across all channels to drive those target outcomes. We are looking for a Client Finance Analyst to join the team and work alongside both our larger finance organization and our media buying team.
- Takes ownership of the client finance workflow, including billing, reporting, cash flow management, and accounts receivable & accounts payable management.
- Understanding the individual components of multiple, complex media projects
- Reviewing and tracking all financial transactions related to media in corporate accounting system
- Reviewing media purchasing credit card activity monthly and monitoring credit limit
- Reconciling project media spend on a weekly basis
- Provides insight and recommendations on refining financial business processes within systems and otherwise.
- Plans and coordinates client finance deliverables across business units to ensure timeliness and quality.
- Serves as a primary liaison between Known’s internal finance org, business units, and clients for all AP/AR matters.
- Communicates effectively and responsibly within Known and externally to clients.
- Establishes and develops relationships with internal business units.
Who You Are
- BS/BA degree in a relevant field of study
- 3+ years of experience in finance or accounting within the media buying industry
- Experience directly handling digital and traditional advertising IOs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with high attention to detail
- Organized and thorough work ethic
- Proactive individual who can work independently as well as with a team
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, or similar software
- Working knowledge of Media Ocean’s SpectraOX and Prisma products preferred